If you purchased one of our premade blog templates you may have received a .zip file. This file combines multiple files into one package for faster downloading and convenience. In order to access the files within the zipped file you will have to extract/unzip the files.
Most computers have this ability built into them. To find out:
1. Simply download the file
2. Click to save file (not open)
3. Then open the file location
On Windows: Try either of these: 1. right click the zipped folder and then choose “extract all files” if you don’t see that option then left click the zipped file to open it, there will be a link at the top that says “extract all files” click that it will create a folder and all your unzipped files will be inside.
On Mac simply double-click the zip file and the file or folder will be extracted into the same folder the zipped file is in.
Or try this:
- Download the purchased file.
- Open Finder and browse to the Downloads folder.
- Double-click on the zipped folder icon for the downloaded template folder. Mac OS Extractor will unzip the file in just a moment or 2. …
- Click and drag the unzipped folder to the Documents folder in the Finder window.
If none of the above options worked for you, you may need to download a free client like 7-zip or winzip (choose the free trial version, no need to pay for it you will only use it once. Install and then repeat the steps above.
You folder, once unzipped will include your template purchase, icons if applicable, directions, and more. Please contact us if you have questions.